The following organizations are recognized as important contributors to Alberta’s fishing and hunting communities.
Alberta Bowhunters Association
The Alberta Bowhunters Association dates back to 1956 when the Alberta Provincial Archery Association and the Edmonton Bowhunters
joined to form the Alberta Bowhunters and Archers Association.
The objectives of the association include:
- Fostering and expanding the practice of archery and the sport of bowhunting
- Providing educational programs and materials on bowhunting, archery and related topics
- Encouraging the use of the bow in the ethical hunting of all legal game
- Working cooperatively to conserve game
- Protecting and enhancing the privileges of bowhunters
Western Sportsman Magazine
For forty years Western Sportsman Magazine has been a trusted authority on hunting, fishing and outdoor sport in Alberta,
Saskatchewan, Manitoba and British Columbia.
Anglers and hunters can look to Western Sportsman for the best tips, tackle and gear reviews, as well as travel and feature
stories that celebrate the best of outdoor recreation. The magazine is active in the community through event sponsorship
and involvement in fishing derbies, lecture series, expos, charitable events and more.
The Wild Elk Federation
The Wild Elk Federation is a wildlife conservation organization that was established in 2006. Headquartered in Leduc, Alberta,
it has chapters and members in Alberta, Saskatchewan and British Columbia.
The mission of the Wild Elk Federation is to ensure the future of elk and other wildlife and is active in several areas:
- Conserving, restoring and enhancing wildlife habitat
- Promoting the sound management of wild, free ranging elk
- Fostering cooperation among national, provincial, and private organizations and individuals in wildlife management and
- Educating members and the public about habitat conservation and wildlife management
Posted: September 2008
Updated: February 10, 2010