Hunting Draws FAQs
How are the hunting draws conducted?
The draw booklet is available:
Telephone the RELM Help Desk:
- Toll-free in North America: 1-888-944-5494 7 days a week
How do I apply for a draw?
You can apply for a draw using 1 of 3 options:
Online at albertrelm.com
- You will need internet access, a credit card and an email address.
- Cost is $3.65 plus GST per application. Charges will appear on your credit card statement as - ABRELMHUNT&FISH.
In person or at a private licence issuer
- There are over 360 private issuers in Alberta. See listing at:
- Cost is $3.65 plus GST per draw application.
Apply early to avoid possible system access problems. The draw application fee is non-refundable and this levy goes to the Alberta Conservation Association.
If I am successful in a draw but do not purchase my licence, will I be penalized?
Regardless if you purchase your special licence or not, your draw priority level will be reset to zero.
How are undersubscribed special and quota licences purchased?
You can reserve a special licence online at albertarelm.com or at a licence issuer.
Undersubscribed special licences are available for reservation on a first-come first-served basis.
Book online at albertarelm.com or at a licence issuer ($3.35 per application)
Read more frequently asked questions:
If you have more questions about purchasing hunting licences in Alberta, contact the RELM Help Desk:
- Toll-free in North America: 1-888-944-5494
Learn more about hunting regulations in Alberta:
Updated: Feb 26, 2016