Buying your Licence from a Retail Location
There are numerous private businesses that sell hunting and sportfishing licences throughout Alberta. To purchase a licence from a private retailer:
- Step 1 - Buy, Renew or Update Your WIN Card
If you don’t already have one, apply for your pre-numbered Wildlife Identification Number (WIN). Visit the AlbertaRELM website at:
You will receive immediate notification of your WIN once you complete your application. Your plastic WIN card will be mailed to you in approximately four weeks.
You can also renew or update your WIN Card online.
- Step 2 - Find a Private Licence Issuer / Retail Location
Private Licence Issuer retail locations are listed alphabetically by town or city name here:
When purchasing a licence from a retail location, be sure to have with you:
- Your WIN Card
- Government-issued photo ID (example: driver’s licence, passport)
Before Purchasing your Licence
Hunting Regulations, Licence Eligibility and Requirements
- Anglers and hunters should know the regulations for the area where you plan to fish or hunt.
- Anglers should check age and other requirements for Alberta sportfishing licences.
- Hunters should check their eligibility to hold Alberta hunting licences.
Review the current copy of either the Alberta Guide to Hunting Regulations and/or the Alberta Guide to Sportfishing Regulations at:
Licences for Hunting or Fishing Draws
If you are buying your licence while applying for a hunting draw, see:
If you are buying your licence applying for a walleye fishing draw, see:
Updated: Mar 30, 2017